The IPC Membership Contract (online)
Section 1 of the IPC Membership Contract
Last updated 12/06/2017
This Membership Contract is a collection of all the guidelines & rules for persons who are engaged in the IPC, whether they be work exchange visitors, trial participants, full participants or the dependents of these.
Changes to this contract must be made through our communities democratic model (see Decision Making Process page). The changes will be immediately effective once the results are known. The Tribe members will be responsible for editing this Contract accordingly and publishing the new version with the appropriate date on our website attaching the printed changes to the paper documents, which will be held in a community safe.
As an intentional community in development, we have chosen to make public our inner workings, this contract and the by-laws within it, through our website, so that there is full transparency and the possibility for open dialog about our techniques. It may also inspire other communities to use the parts of it they wish to and we offer it freely.
This document covers novel processes unique to our community. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about the Membership Contract.
An open mind/spirit and a commitment to collaboration and personal growth are prerequisites to becoming a tribe member. We recommend anyone interested in joining the community to read this Contract.
The main sections of the Contract are:
- Section 1: General information
- Section 2: Legal Dynamics
- Section 3: Decision Making Process
- Section 4: Shared Economy Model
- Section 5: Land Stewardship Model
- Section 6: Other Social Agreements
- Section 7: Membership Process
- Section 8: Agreement Signature Page
- Community Earth Foundation - The legal non profit entity of the land trust, also referred to as the Foundation, Land Trust
- Shawolo - stands for Shared Work Load
- Tribe - The collective Participants of the community, also referred to as the community, the eco-village, the association.
- Full member, member, Tribe Member, Full Participant, Participant and villager
- Interim Participant and Trial Participant are synonyms
* Many words are given definitions within the document itself. If you think something should be added here please recommend it to us. Thank you.